Tuesday 21 June 2022

winter solstice and a day at the dam



























Hello there,

I know, there hasn't been much uploaded for quite some time. In all honesty there has not been that much to share and I have not felt connected enough to get out our dusty ol' camera and click away at moments when there has not been anything but the mundane happenings on our homestead. The weather has not been kind for us here in our part of the world. It has rained more days than it hasn't and our outside looks more like sludge and with the cloud cover it does not shine as often as we hope for. Rain in Winter - it's all very strange to say the very least.

A few weekends ago we made our way out to Midmar Dam to join our Church picnic and with some reluctance I packed the camera. I am so glad that I did. The colours and shades at the park were so beautiful that I couldn't help but pop in the lens, switch on the camera and click away. It felt good to be behind the lens again. 

Let's see shall we if this may inspire me to get the ol' camera out and use her more often.

Have a blessed solstice my friends,

With much love.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and lovely to hear from you! I hope the weather is better from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day for the kids. Sorry to hear that you have had so much rain. We really need it here in California, and are in the middle of a thunderstorm right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.