Monday 6 September 2021

Snakes and Nyala Buck


Hello there!

We hope that you are all well. We are back from our break from sharing on the blog.

So much has happened since we last shared with you - I think it's been a year? - but I dont think I will share that all with you on this update today. 

Maybe another time? Just know that we are all in perfect health and have just spent our time away be-ing with each other.

Today I thought I would share with you where we went this weekend instead.


We made our way out to the Ashburton Aloe Festival to support our neighbourhood snake catchers and get in an impromtu homeschool field trip! 





I am not a lover of snakes but stood by as the littles watched on riverted by the snakes that were being shown. At the end of the showing (for those brave enough) there was a snake petting of the non venomous slitherers. 

Needless to say D was having no part of that. G on the other hand waited patiently for his turn.

While he waited patiently - D and I took a stroll and found beautiful Nyala buck. 

They came up very close that we could make out all their markings. This was a first for both of us. 

We see them often from the seats in our car but not so up close and personal. 













D and I both agree that this was a much prettier sight to that of the snakes.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! They are magnificent animals. I love their stripes. The photo with your daughter is so sweet. I find deer to be very friendly and interested in humans. I see them here when hiking and driving in the mountains. The females are so calming and dainty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are lovely!! there were so many people at the snake show that im sure that if it were just us we might have been able to pet them!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.