Saturday 18 August 2018

Ylang Ylang + Rose Geranium - New Artisan Soap


This loaf bar is just freshly cut and the aromas wafting through the kitchen are amazing.

The colours in this photograph are a little out. More so because this moment is capture in the early evening, so the lighting isn't very good. As soon as they're cured I will photograph them a little better and then add them to our Shop.

I am loving the imperfections here. In the past it would have got me all in a spin. The way the charcoal line smudged down the bar from the slicer or that the one end is not even or flat enough. In the past I would have sliced and diced them into perfect squares shaving off all the best parts - the imperfections.

My Ylang Ylang + Rose Geranium Soap Bars are made with Olive, Coconut + Sunflower Oils as the base. There is an infusion of Bentonite Clay combined in the bar which will draw impurities from the skin (absolutely gorgeous for shaving) + a sprinkled line of Activated Charcoal which aids in pretty much the same way as the Bentonite Clay. One could say this would be a perfect face soap especially if it (being your face) has oily tendencies.

I dont know how I will possible hold out for the next 4 weeks of curing!

 It really does smell delicous in here.
🖤 love, Angela

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely combination of scent(do you use essential oils)
    I especially love the addition of the bentonite clay.
    I have always wanted to make my own soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Fiona, Yes I do use essential oils. I only use natural ingredients for my soaps. You should really try making your own. I am sure you would love it!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.