Wednesday 20 September 2017

Woolen WIPS



Hot off the needles and oh what a difference from all the ones before. I think I am quite enthralled by this rich creamy double knit Foxy Neckwarmer. I have made quite a few before, all different colours on different sized needles with different gifted balls of wool. I may have a soft spot for this one and I may just keep it for our a sweet little girl's neck for the Winter to come instead of adding it to our handmade shop.

I cast on for a knitted Bonnie Bear this week. I have knitted one before for Danika, with left over Teaberry but I wasn't happy with the feel of it, so didn't go on to knit up the frock to go with it.

I've had it in mind for a long while now that I wanted to gift something homemade for her each birthday and when I was given Val Pierce's Knitted Bears All dressed up! I knew what it is that I wanted to knit for her for her first birthday. But it had to be just right! Finding the right wool sometimes proves to be difficult and often very expensive. I finally found Charity DK Pull-Skein Print in Gunmetal. Obviously not what I had pictured in my mind before walking into the Wool & Habby but when I saw it, picked it up and felt it, I knew it was the one.

I ended buying one in Gunmetal grey for the body and Italiano rose  for the frock.

Now, please hold all those finger and toes so that I can get it all done before her birthday next month.


*********************************************************************************************************************


Hello there and welcome to my first Woolen WIPS link up party on the blog.




document.write('');


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.