Thursday 13 September 2018

We Will Prevail


We have a hospital bed!

The confirmation email arrived yesterday afternoon while she was napping and I was adding rows to a knit project. I am somewhat relieved but still anxious and I so really need that feeling to go away. So, this mornings tasks to keep me focused will be to get our small cooler box packed with snacks for breakfast and lunch for tomorrow as hospital cafeteria food is way overpriced and not pleasant at all. I will need to pack her bag too and add an array of books and puzzles to keep her distracted from the fact that she will not be able to nurse from me from mid night tonight. I know there is reason for this but it really will be a little traumatic considering she is a feed and cuddle on demand child. But, we will prevail and we will see the light at the end of this very dark and daunting tunnel.
  
And Oh Yes.. I will need to pack my knitting to ride out the nerves when she is in theater - right?


I know I haven't done a homeschooling update for a couple of weeks now. But we are still marching forward with lessons in the morning. It has been a slow two weeks were we have dragged our heels somewhat. With the end of the third term looming in the next couple of weeks. I do feel that we will be right on check for that. In the meantime we just do as much as we can without any tension and catch up next week when we will hopefully be back in some sort of routine again. The joys of homeschooling - you get to choose your times and days! 

Josh is on the last week and a bit of school too. He has been quiet of late. This time of the year they write their common tests which will prepare them for the fourth and final term and exams. The pressure is scary for all the grade 11s. I feel for them, really I do.


Both Rob and I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind messages through email, whatsapp, instagram and here on our blog in our comments. We feel very blessed to have you watching over us and giving us a little more strength with all your gentle healing vibes.

The weather forecast for this weekend - rain!
Have a blessed weekend my friends and I look forward to catching up with you all again in the new week.

lots and lots of love as always
Angela ♥

ps - the photos :
  1. last nights sky showing the first star of the evening and the witch's moon.
  2. danika's new dress made with love by Oumie for when she gets out of hospital.
  3. our new favourite breakfast - Coconut flour + Cinnamon Waffles.

18 comments:

  1. My goodness! Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful dress. I'm sure she will do very well. It sounds like she has excellent care. It's always a relief when the surgery is over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of and praying for you!
    Your breakfast looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you Angela and your little girl! All will be well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending warmth and hugs for your whole family. I hope the knitting soothes the nerves for you and will distract you at least a little. Danika's new dress is gorgeous. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping my fingers crossed for an uneventful hospital stay. Danika's little dress is very sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful dress. Hope all goes well with the hospital, sending a hug and know you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Hugs are always welcome 💓

      Delete
  8. Just been catching up with your Posts Angela,
    Sorry to hear about Rob's accident and hope he is feeling
    much better now.
    Keeping Danika and you all in my prayers 💙x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you prayers and happy thoughts.. and a speedy recovery for Danika!

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.