Tuesday 17 April 2018

Kneaded Rolls


I shared my very first attempt at Burger rolls on my My Story accounts on Instagram and Facebook this past weekend. It was such a huge success and I had so many requests for the recipe that I thought it best to save it here and share it with you all together.
I am by no stretch in any way or form an artisan bread maker like so many of my foodie friends are but when there's a recipe that is simple to whip up, that even I can accomplish it, I have to share it with you all so that you can give it a go too.
Cause really... Who doesn't just love the delicious fresh aromas of bread baking?
I jot down recipes as I go along and often dont think to save where they came from, do you? So, just know that I do not take any credit for this particular one.


 As you may remember from before I am all about what is easy and my bread maker machine was just that. Until I discovered No Knead Bread! Now that poor machine stands and gathers dust. I also have found that I am not as scared of yeast as I thought I was. The perfect bread calls for yeast, water, salt and flour. THAT IS IT. If you have those ingredient you are on your way to never buying store bought bread again ;)
These rolls do take a bit of time from start until ready to serve but it is so very worth it. And the kneading time.. well, think of it as your time infusing each roll with love and all those special intentions that magickal cooking can manifest for you and your loved ones.
For me, it was time out of my day to do just that!

Kneaded Rolls

  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoons butter
  1. In a large bowl, stir in the yeast and warm water and lit it sit until dissolved. (this should take about 5 minutes)
  2. In another bowl mix, whisk the milk, egg, oil, sugar and salt until combined.
  3. Add this to the yeast mixture and stir until combined.
  4. Add flour and stir until it becomes a shaggy mess like dough.
  5. flour your counter and roll dough out onto the counter and knead for about 10 minutes.
  6. The finished dough should be smooth and slightly tacky and spring back when you poke at it.
  7. Return dough to bowl and cover. Let it sit in a warm place in your kitchen until it doubles in size. This should take about an hour.
  8. Dust your counter top with flour and turn risen dough out onto it.
  9. Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Shape each one into a ball.
  10. Place your rolls on a baking tray and let them rise again. This should take about 30 minutes.
  11. Preheat oven until 200 degrees Celsius.
  12. Melt butter and brush it over each roll - this gives them that golden brown colour.
  13. Bake until golden for about 15 minutes.
  14. Let them cool to room temperature and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog. Please know that we appreciate and feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day. Have a lovely day further.